Home Economics toward Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
September 12-13, 2017
Universitas Negeri Surabaya
The 1st International Conference on Social, Applied Science and Technology in Home Economics aims for improving the quality of research and development relating to the applied sciences and technology on Home Economics (HE) field. HE is conducted to support the realization of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) targets. Sustainable Development (SD) based on three pillars, which include technology, economy, social and environment. The goals of the conference are: 1) to identify the applied sciences in HE field, especially on human basic needs (food, clothing, healthcare, and education), 2) to describe the research trend in HE fields, 3) to determine the opportunity of getting intellectual right (patent, copyright, design), 4) to analyze technology development for supporting entrepreneurial and creative industry opportunity, and 5) to establish and improve the world HE network for collaborative research and/or collaborative article publishing. The Conference will take place in Surabaya, Indonesia on September 12, 2017. The Conference is hosted by Home Economics Department, Engineering Faculty, Universitas Negeri Surabaya.
This conference will invite 4 keynote speakers on these related issues. These keynote speakers are:
Dean and Head School Education and Professional Studies, Griffith University Australia.
Department of Engineering Education
Head of Health and Nutrition Department, Faculty of Medicine, Gadjah Mada University.
Researcher of Nanogold Cosmetics, Universitas Negeri Surabaya
Scope of Conference Topics
The range of topics covered by ICONHOMECS 2017 on Applied Science and Technology in Home Economics includes (but not limited to):
- Education Technology on Apparel, Culinary, and Cosmetology
- Nutrition Education
- Food Engineering Education
Industry, Innovation, And Infrastructure
- Food Science and Technology Advancement
- Food and Dairy Agricultural Biotechnology
- Food Biotechnology
- Food Fortification and Supplementation
- Food Processing, Preservations, and Packaging
- E-Commerce for Food, Fashion, and Cosmetics
- Clothing Science, Innovation, and Technological Advancement
- Sustainable Cosmetic Product Development
- Modern Cosmetic Product
- Textile Chemistry and Finishing
- Textile Dyeing and Printing
- Fashion and Textile Product Design
- Garment Industry and Merchandise
- Clothing Science and Technology
- Technical Textiles
- Fiber Science and Smart Textile
- Fabric Technology
- IT Application in Fashion and Textiles
Responsible Consumption And Production
- Domestic Material Consumption for Food, Fashion, and Cosmetics
- Food and Nutritional Science
- Food Nutrition and Evaluation
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Functional Food and Bioactive Factors
- Cosmetic Toxicology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Perfumery and Cosmetic Sciences
- Skin Nutrition and Anti-aging Medicine
- Eco-Textiles – Sustainability Development
The range of topics covered by ICONHOMECS 2017 on Social Science in Home Economics includes (but not limited to):
- Good Health and Well-Being in Home Economics
- Child Growth and Development
- Health and Beauty Treatment
- Food, Apparel and Cosmetology Entrepreneurship
- Quality Education in Home Economics
- Equity Education for All
- Gender Equality in Home Economics
- Food Habits and Its Impact on Gender Equality
- Food Taboos for Woman and Children
- Gender, Stereotypes, and Body Image
- Halal Food and Cosmetics
- Trend and Trendsetters in Fashion and Beauty Treatments
- Ethics and Aesthetics in Food, Fashion, and Beauty
- Partnership for The Goals
- Partnership among Industry, Government, Academia, and Society
- Reduce Inequality
- Multicultural Issues
Call for Papers
Authors are requested to submit abstract to the Organizing Committee by June 10, 2017. The abstract is 200 words maximum and should consist of the following: the aim of the study, the method used, result, and implication. The papers must be written in English, and they must be between 4 and 6 pages.
Selected papers will be published in AtlantisPress, Thomson-Reuters indexed proceeding and the papers which are not published in the indexed proceeding are strongly recommended to be submitted to:
- Jurnal Ilmu Keluarga dan Konsumen, Institut Pertanian Bogor. accredited by ministry of research, technology, and higher education of the Republic of Indonesia
- Jurnal Penelitian Busana dan Desain, Universitas Negeri Surabaya
Abstract and Manuscript Submission
To submit an abstract, authors must register first (right menu “Registration”). Then you can submit your abstract by logging in to this site (right menu “Login”). The manuscript can be submitted only after authors submit their abstracts. The whole submission process is done fully online (NOT by email) to guarantee smooth administration. Template article here
|1.||Abstract submission deadline||8 July 2017|
|2.||Notification of abstract acceptance||17 July 2017|
|3.||Full paper submission deadline||28 August 2017|
|4.||Notification of full paper acceptance||4 September 2017|
|5.||Early Bird Registration Deadline||10 August 2017|
|6.||Presenter’s Registration Deadline||1 September 2017|
|7.||Participant’s Registration Deadline||7 September 2017|
|8.||Conference dates||12-13 September 2017|
Registration Fees and Payment
|No||Category||Before September||After September|
|1.||Indonesian Presenter||IDR 1.250.000||IDR 1.500.000|
|2.||Indonesian Presenter Student||IDR 1.000.000||IDR 1.250.000|
|3.||Indonesian Participant||IDR 750.000||IDR 1.000.000|
|4.||Indonesia Participant Student||IDR 500.000||IDR 750.000|
|5.||International Presenter and Participant||$ 200.||$ 250|
|6.||International Presenter and Participant (Student)||$ 150||$ 200|
Registration Fees and Payment
The registration fee doesn’t include publication fee in indexed proceeding or journal.
Please make the bank transfer payment for the registration fees to:
Bank Name: BNI Ketintang, Surabaya, INDONESIA
Swift/ BIC : BNINIDJAXXX
Account Number: 0215109197
Account Holder: Yulistiana
International Advisory Board and Scientific Committee
- Agr. Sc. Yuni Sri Rahayu, M.Si. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia)
- Prof. Donna Pendergast (Griffith University, Australia)
- Dr. Kristina Shin (Hongkong Polytechnic University, Hongkong)
- Dr. Toto Sudargo, M.Kes. (Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia)
- Dr. Titik Taufikurohmah, M.Si. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Georg Spottl. (University of Bremen, Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Sari Edi Cahyaningrum, M.Si. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia)
- Dr. Maizam Binti Alias (Universiti Tun Hussein Onn, Malaysia).
- Prof. Dr. Ade Kadarohman, M.Si. (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Indonesia).
- Muhammad Arsyad, SP., M.Si., P.hD. (Universitas Hasanuddin, Indonesia)
- Dr. Sven Schulte (TU Dortmund, Germany)
- Andre Dwijanto Witjaksono, ST., MT. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia)
- Arie Wardhono, ST., M.MT., MT., Ph.D. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia
- Dr. Ade Gafar Abdullah, M.Si. (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Indonesia)
- PratiwiRetnaningdyah, M.Hum., M.A., Ph.D. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia
- Dr. Meda Wahini, M.Si. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia).
- Dr. Elly Matul Imah, S.Kom., M.Kom. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia
- Eng. Asep Bayu Dani Nandiyanto, ST., M.Eng., P.hD. (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Indonesia).
- Tutin Aryanti, Ph.D. (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Indonesia).
- Dr. Ana, S.Pd., M.Pd. (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Indonesia).
- Prof. Dr. Luthfiyah Nurlaela, M.Pd. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia).
- Syafi’ul Anam, S.Pd., M.Pd., P.hD. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia).
- Dr. Sri Handajani, M.Kes. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia).
- Asrul Bahar, M.Pd. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia).
- Dr. Mutimmatul Faidah, M.Ag. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia).
- Setya Chendra Wibawa, S.Pd., MT. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia).
- Choirul Anna Nur Afifah, S.Pd., M.Si. (Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Indonesia).
September 12th, 2017 at Wyndham Hotel, Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
08.15-08.45 Opening Ceremony
08.45-09.00 Coffee Break
09.00-12.00 Keynote speech,
- Prof. Donna Pendergast (Australia)
- Dr. Kristina Shin (Hongkong)
- Dr. Toto Sudargo, SKM, M.Kes (Indonesia)
- Dr. Titik Taufikurrahmah, M. Si (Indonesia)
12.00 – 13.00 Lunch Break
13.00 – 14.45 1st Parallel Sessions
14.45 – 15.00 Coffee Break
15.00-16.30 2nd Parallel Sessions
16.30 – 17.00 Closing Ceremony (for presenters and participants)
September 13, June 2017 at Unesa Campus Ketintang
08.00 – 15.00 Manuscript Clinic
The organizers will provide the seminar kit, certificate, coffee breaks and lunch.
Official Information about Indonesia Visa can be found: immigration
Website : http://iconhomecs.conference.unesa.ac.id/
Home Economics Department, Engineering Faculty, Universitas Negeri Surabaya
Ketintang Campus, Building A, the 2th Floor.
Ketintang Street, Surabaya, East Java, INDONESIA